The Five Clans RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Bristle Hollow

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StarClan

StarClan

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 12:19 am

The Bristle Hollow P5110146

The Bristle Hollow is the training hollow located by the Apprentice's den. Mentors occasionally take their apprentice's to learn how to hunt. This prickly hollow also contains a small stream where apprentices can learn how to fight and hunt in the stream.
Back to top Go down
https://thefiveclansrpg.rpg-board.net

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 3:28 am

This was one of the most beautiful places in WindClan territory. Heavypaw couldn't help but puff his chest out with pride at the idea that the most powerful Clan owned the most beautiful territory. The bright beautiful blue flowers poked out just above the grass, dancing in the wind. Finding prey here shouldn't be difficult.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

Location : Running as fast as i can, after the gingerbread man

RP Stats
HP:
The Bristle Hollow Left_bar_bleue40/40The Bristle Hollow Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)
Skill: 0

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 3:38 am

She'd gotten a little lost having meant to end up on the prairie she'd some how found herself in a hollow, she could hear a small stream and the hollow was strangely quaint and comforting. Upwind of the wolf she didn't know he was there too busy wandering down to the stream for a refreshing drink, she often got overheated after running thus often quenched her thirst. However something changed that caused prickles to run down her spine, lifting her head and swiping her tongue over her wet lips she looked around quietly. Finally spotting the wolf she jerked into the stream with a loud splash and quickly scrambled up onto the other side of it, if a wolf attacked her she'd have no way of defending herself apart form fleeing. The wolf seemed young but well built and able to catch up with her which didn't help her situation one bit. Not quite sure what to do she stared at him frozen, quite clearly nervous and frightened but at the same time she was determined to survive and if that meant playing dirty then she would.
Back to top Go down

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 am

Heavypaw tasted the air for any trace of prey, but the scent he stumbled across wasn't one he'd smelled before. This wasn't a predator or prey, but an intruder! His fur bristled with hostility as he looked around, then he heard a loud splash and a rather frail looking dog shoot across. He pulled his lips back to let out what he hoped was a menacing growl. The racket she was making would surely scare off anything here. The apprentice bounded over to the stream and attempted to gracefully jump across- but ended up slipping before he even launched off the ground, sending him tumbling through the waters with an embarrassing "Uumph!" as the wind was knocked out of him.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:
The Bristle Hollow Left_bar_bleue40/40The Bristle Hollow Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 3:53 am

She watched closely as the young wolf growled, admittedly the growl was a mix of terrifying and cute as she could swear she could hear the faint reminisce of a puppy growl in there somewhere. Watching him closely as he bounded over to the stream and attempted to jump across only to fail and end up half way through the stream with a splash louder than hers. Without thinking the muscled red fawn dog padded quickly down the short sharp bank and back into the water "Are you okay?" she asked worriedly wondering if he'd need help getting up out of the water and the steep slope temporarily forgetting he'd been charging over to theoretically attack her. The kind part of her nature was telling her to help despite the consequences, she wasn't strong enough to grab him by the scruff and drag him out so she'd do her best to help him however she could
Back to top Go down

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 4:00 am

The water lapped across his muzzle as he lay there flopped in the stream. His eyes drooped with embarrassment and dismay, and he felt his ears grow hot when the trespasser asked if he was alright. Heavypaw rose to his shaky paws and stepped up towards the shore, but quickly discovered that the slope was slippery and was hard to get a good foothold. "Yeah yeah I'm fine," he grumbled to himself, kicking his hind legs frantically to haul himself out of the stream. "You know where you are right? This is WindClan territory." He tapped his foot on the soil a couple times, lifting his chin. "Now, you're lucky it was me who caught you. If it were any of the other fierce warriors in my Clan they would have ripped you to shreds by now. Me, I took it easy on ya. It wasn't like you were trying to plan an invasion or anything," Heavypaw narrowed his eyes and stared her down as intimidatingly as possible. "Or were you?"
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 4:28 am

Walking with him to the steep slope she got behind him and helped push him up onto the dirt, once he had a secure foothold she let him go and backed up a few steps before bouncing forward and jumping up as high as she could. Managing to land on a mostly flat patch she scrambled to her feet and looked at the male wolf quietly. He began speaking damanding she must know where about she was, sure she did she was in a bristly hollow. She didn't quite understand what a clan was but she supposed it was another word for pack or something, a bit muddy from scrabbling to her feet the warm sunlight hit her short furred coat warming her muscles pleasantly. Blinking at him as he informed her that she was lucky he'd found her and not another one of the other members of his pack or they would have torn her to pieces. She wasn't sure if that was true or not so she decided to ignore that part, bristling a little when he inferred that she was planning an invasion the gutsy greyhound retorted "I am not! I have no interest in that, I came here to get away from a freaky dalmatian" the female greyhound was not part of any pack and had no interest in planning in an invasion she just wanted to wander and hunt like she was free to do so
Back to top Go down

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 4:37 am

Heavypaw couldn't help but grin as the dog drew herself together indignantly. But he found that he believed her. After all, what damage could a frail dog like herself do to his noble Clan? Aside from stealing their prey. It was rightfully WindClan's, and any thief deserved to be punished. But this dog wasn't a thief. Just a wanderer.

Freaky dalmatian? The apprentice didn't know what a dalmatian was, but assumed it was another dog like her. "Freaky dalmatian?" he tipped his head in curiousity. "I thought all house dogs were friendly towards one another." And spineless, submissive, and weak. But he didn't speak this out loud.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 4:57 am

Tilting her head she shrugged "I'm a Stray not a house dog, I was never a house dog" her words became some what cold and almost bitter, she had no idea what the world was like for this wolf but she could see in his gaze he believed she was soft and weak because she was a dog which made her narrow her gaze a little "I come from a place where if you dont' win the race you've been put in you don't get fed, in summer they put muzzles on you so you cant bark but that means you can't pant to cool yourself off" wondering what else was going on in the wolfs head Delilah was very lean and delicately built compared to the shaggy wolf although due to her short fur it was easy to see how muscled her body was hinting at the athlete that she was. Her jaws parted to let her pink tongue loll out of her mouth while she panted, the heat of the greenleaf sun felt keenly despite the trees giving her some shade. "Going to chase me off still wolf?" she asked her usual gutsiness shining through firing up her determination.
Back to top Go down

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 5:12 am

This dog was quite a fiery little thing. He was only a slight bit taller than her, but he'd grow to his full height one day. She told him about a bit of her past, and he blinked in shock. He had no idea a dog's life could be so rough. He thought that had it made, never had to lift a single paw to help themselves. "Why don't you just attack them when your muzzle is off?" She was thin, but not starved like he initially thought. Clearly her build was for speed. "Well,
I was going to at first, but you seem like a pretty interesting little character, no matter how suspicious your intentions may be. You'll be fine to stay for now. But don't let my pack catch you,"
he told her this with genuine concern. Despite his first impression on the little invader, he didn't want to see a bloodbath over it. And the little dog could easily be flayed into several pieces with her scraps served to the pups as a special treat. His eyes softened as they locked into hers. There was a fire that danced behind her light brown optics. "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 5:19 am

The wolf foolishly suggested attacking them when they took it off "I saw what happened to dogs that did that" she didn't go into details, a little amused at her words she snorted a little. So she was interesting now hm? well she supposed the wolf was just as interesting after all she knew next to nothing about the wolfs pack or how it ran although if he was still suspicious she couldn't see him telling her anything about it just in case. When his gaze locked with hers she fixed on him in return, the determination still giving her the gutsiness to not give in and do her very best. The question for her name was a little out of the blue, it struck her with surprise, the way he'd first greeted her had not given her any inclination that he might be curious as to what she was called. Not expecting it she recited her full Registered name by mistake "Hey There Delilah" realizing what she'd said her ears flicked back in dismay "Erm Delilah is what everyone called me. whats yours then?" that and goldie and golden girl due to her mother as well as her own pale gold looks. She didn't know what kinds of names wolves had, were they just as ridiculous as race names? at least she'd gotten a fairly decent race name, a kennel mate's name had been 'My nanas got no teeth' poor lad had been the laughing stock of the kennel for a while before someone else showed up with a worse name.
Back to top Go down

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 5:26 am

Hey There Delilah. Huh. Just when I thought humans couldn't be any weirder with their house dog names. "My name's Heavypaw," he puffed his chest out with pride. "I'm training to be a WindClan warrior! The best they've ever seen!" His youthful ignorance gave him enough bliss to feel like he could achieve whatever he set out to accomplish. Perhaps this would change as he matures. But as for now, the apprentice didn't care. Heavypaw chuckled. "Do all dogs like you have such silly names?" He couldn't complain too much. He'd once heard about a warrior named Billystorm. Billystorm! Like, seriously? A storm of goats? Now that I think about it, a goat doesn't sound too bad right about now. "There have been some pretty... unique warrior names though," he admitted, lowering his head and quickly looking away. Hopefully his name wouldn't end up nearly as ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 5:32 am

She sat down comfortably as he spoke listening with a little amusement as he announced proudly that he was named Heavypaw and was training to be the best warrior in windclan. When he asked about the silly names she laughed "I used to be a race dog, in races every dog has to have a completely unique name so the humans get inventive" heavypaw admitted that there had been some rather unique warrior wolf names and she could pick up quite easily that he felt a little embarrass "Your name sounds strong, its better than a kennelmate of mine his registered name was My nanas got no teeth" the fiery determination and gutsyness was settling down and that allowed some of her kindess to come through. There'd even been another called that's hunting pink, humans honestly thought up of such weird names, although she was a little curious as why he'd been named what he had but she kept it to herself telling herself that'd be rude to ask. "Whats it like living in windclan then? How does it all work? I've never come across a pack before let alone a clan" she couldn't help the curiosity surrounding his pack, how did it all work, what ranks did they have did they sort out who did what? She'd smelled the scent markers when she'd trespassed but hadn't known those meant keep out to her they'd just been interesting smells as she continued on. Surely being in a pack was much more interesting than spending most of your life in a damp cramped kennel that echoed with the barks of all the other dogs around one.
Back to top Go down

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 5:45 am

Heavypaw could sense her easing up a bit, so he allowed himself to do so as well. In fact, he was beginning to feel a little excited to make a new friend. Sure, there were other apprentices and pups in WindClan, but like Heavypaw, they all had one similar goal- Be the very best. Which made interactions with them rather boring than with Delilah here. His bushy tail began to sway from behind him a little bit after she told him her friend's name. He tried to keep a straight face but couldn't hold it for long before he burst out laughing. "That's so great! There was a warrior named Billystorm,
and another named Harrybrook. Whoever was their leader certainly wasn't creative. I'd even argue humans could name them better than that!"

He paused for a moment to catch his breath, then listened intently to her questions. When it was her turn to speak, he opened his maw eagerly, but no words came out. Where would he even begin explaining? "It's pretty hardcore. Kind of similar to your life where you don't eat if you don't do good. In our case, if we don't do a good job hunting, or don't do a good job doing our part and obeying our laws, we generally don't get to eat much either.

Nursing wolves, or wolves who are going to give birth, are called queens, and are moved to the nursery; which is one of the few covered areas in our camp. They are extremely valuable to us as they provide a future for our pack. Elders are also just as important as they often have wisdom to share. Some leaders even seek their council. Leaders are exactly what their title is. They lead the clan and make all final decisions. They choose our names, and every full moon, there's a gathering between all five clans. They are accompanied by their deputy, who's next in line. Oh, and medicine wolves are also extremely important. They study the ways of healing. And serve as the spiritual link between us and StarClan."

Heavypaw wondered how much he should share, but he was too excited to really stop. "There's always something to do in WindClan. We watch each others backs."
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 5:56 am

Grinning as Heavypaw divulged some information about some of the strangely named warrior wolves she settled in to listen contentedly as he explained. His company had gone from possible threat to almost friendly and it was quite welcome, she hadn't had much to do with others. Most of the strays on the streets weren't that keen to make friends. The information that came out of his mouth was amazingly interesting, they all worked together to ensure the clan survived. Elders were well cared for and Queens? that was something new and different to her, dogs that were too old to race or dogs that hurt themselves were killed simple as that. QUeens where she came from were bred and bred and then discarded themselves, the information about Leaders and deputies interested her as well. In fact it was all amazing to hear about and was enough for a small part of her to want to join to be part of such a healthy well functioning group like that especially after what she'd been through. At the mention of starclan she frowned a little "Starclan? Whats that Heavypaw?" did that mean they believed there was a pack in the stars? She'd guessed that windclan was named because their territory was quite windswept "What are the other clans called? Do the clans have different abilities to others?" questions about this new way of life tumbled out of her mouth before the dog could really stop them. It sounded like a big family where everyone cared very deeply for one another which sounded like something she'd always wanted but she was heistant to dive right in especially as she'd only discovered freedom recently perhaps she'd travel for a while and then if she felt the need she'd join this clan of his but she'd keep that quiet for now because she didn't even know if they'd accept dogs in the first place!
Back to top Go down

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 6:08 am

"StarClan is where warriors go when they die. From all of the Clans. They live happily up there and watch over us, with endless prey to hunt," Heavypaw felt a tinge of sadness as he was reminded of someone he had lost. And the other clans are ShadowClan, SunClan, RiverClan, and ThunderClan. They don't really have special abilities per say,
but ShadowClan are super sneaky and proud, RiverClan fish and swim, ThunderClan are brave and strong, but SunClan is the most unpredictable of them all."
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 am

The other clan names were all rather interesting, but it seemed Shadowclan and Sunclan were rather dangerous, from what he said Thunderclan and Riverclan were at least amicable. The idea that the ones that were loved by the clans didn't fully leave the world once they died, that the went up to live in a starry clan made her heart ache. If only she'd had her pups in a clan then they could live up there, safe from the industry that had taken so much from her "it sounds like a real adventure, Where's your favourite place in the territory? Cna we go there?" She was interested to explore the land with him to find out what his favourite thing to do was and where his favourite places were, getting up onto her paws she wagged her tail slightly encouraging him to show her. It wasn't like she'd bring anyone else here she had no friends after all mostly due to keeping to herself, and if she was out here with Heavypaw she'd be less likely to be caught and taken back to be bred again. Also less likely to be caught by the dog catcher, the greyhound awaited the males answer, they were still acquaintances she supposed but she hoped that she'd at least make one friend out of all of this.
Back to top Go down

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 6:35 am

Heavypaw thought for a moment. How long could he keep an intruder in pack territory before getting caught? What kind of trouble would he be in if anyone find out? It was a hard decision for him to make but he felt somewhere deep in his gut that he could trust her. "Okay, follow me. But stay quiet, and light on your feet." After she safely left his territory, whenever that may be, he'd go back through and make good and sure no one could detect her.

-Exit Heavypaw to Lost Plateau
Back to top Go down
Delilah
Deceased
Delilah

RP Stats
HP:

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 6:41 am

Brightening up a little as he agreed to take her to one of his favourite places to go she shot him a slight look when he mentioned be light on her feet. Of course she would be, it was her kinds nature to be light on their paws unless of course they were lucky enough to be pets. Going out of her way to be even more light stepping than usual she carried her tail with a slight curl in it, following him down the steep slope across the stream again and through the exit of the bristly hollow she wondered where abouts they were going. Obviously she should not be trusting this wolf she'd just met one measly bit, however she was fairly certain if he'd truly meant her harm he wouldn't have told her about the clan he was a part of. so she allowed herself to trust Heavypaw and let him lead the way to wherever it was he chose
~Lost Plateau~
Back to top Go down

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 12:43 am

"Not too far now," Heavypaw observed as he lead his friend back into the hollow where they had met. He retraced his steps back to the stream and lowered his head to hastily lap the fresh water up. His tongue was beginning to feel like a scorched desert from this unbearable heat. At least they were relatively in the shade now, so they can regain their strength before traversing back to his camp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Bristle Hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bristle Hollow   The Bristle Hollow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bristle Hollow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Five Clans RPG :: The Clans & RP :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: