The Five Clans RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An immersive, active role-play website based on the Warriors series by Erin Hunter with a unique twist.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Maple Forest

Go down 
+8
Song of the Sky
Leopardstrike
Glitterpaw
Blackadder
Angus
Jaydust
Rosethorn
StarClan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
StarClan

StarClan

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 11:49 pm

A forest filled with maple trees that yield sticky sap. Deep in the middle of this forest lays the Raspberry Glade.
Back to top Go down
https://thefiveclansrpg.rpg-board.net
Rosethorn
Warrior
Rosethorn

RP Stats
HP:
The Maple Forest Left_bar_bleue30/30The Maple Forest Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
Skill: 0

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 6:35 am

Walking up confidently the warm greenleaf breeze brought the scents of deer to her nose, with the four of them they should be able to bring down a healthy doe. It took a full team of experienced warriors to bring down a stag, the big beasts antlers making them dangerous to take down by oneself. Waiting for the others her pale eyes took in the Maple Forest quietly well aware this was what Maplepaw had been named for, it had only been a few moons ago that they had been pups. When she'd taken up the mantle of Deputy the female had set to the side her slight desire to have pups thinking it no big loss, after all there was no one she wished to be with, and now as Leader pups were something she would not have. The clan needed her at her full best and pups would only slow her down, flicking an ear back finally hearing pawsteps she glanced over her shoulder registering who it was she remained waiting for the other two and let the dog who'd chosen to keep the name Angus instead of letting her pick him a name. Admittedly however that had saved her the chore of trying to think up a suitable name for the dog, puppaw wasn't really appropriate for a warrior apprentice name despite the fact the dog acted like an over excited puppy most of the time. However at the very least he seemed to enjoy life, greeting him with a quiet nod she remained in silence not wanting to cause any more noise than needed
Back to top Go down
http://anythingoesrp.forumotion.co.nz/
Jaydust
Deceased
Jaydust

RP Stats
HP:
The Maple Forest Left_bar_bleue40/40The Maple Forest Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Jaydust followed several steps behind his leader, his tail swaying gracefully behind. His steps slowed when he tasted the scent of deer, the smell making his mouth water. The male briefly glanced back at Angus, and he frowned. "Can he take down a deer with us? He doesn't seem built for it." The thought weighed on his mind, but he didn't speak the words as to not offend the quite playful dog. "Hmm." He looked back at Rosestar. "How do you want to organize this?" He spoke to her softly, mindful as to not disturb any prey in the area. Really though, what he was asking was what did they want to do with Angus? Jaydust flickered his ears and waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Warrior Apprentice
Angus

RP Stats
HP:
The Maple Forest Left_bar_bleue20/20The Maple Forest Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 2:36 am

Lifting his head curiously at the scent of deer, the young setter froze instinctively, trying to determine where the scent was coming from. Unable to pinpoint it exactly, he dropped his head back down to cast for more scents, absently keeping an eye and ear on his leader and the other older wolf for any instructions. He knew what his instincts wanted him to do, but he didn't know how to channel that yet, and so he tried his best to not bound around following the scents he could smell oh so clearly. Hopefully some training with his mentor would help with that issue, so he'd be able to help more. The finding the prey probably wasn't going to be much of an issue for him, he had an almost obsession with following scents, but the chasing and bringing down of prey would be a harder thing to tackle. Luckily he was just young, so he wasn't too worried yet. Rosestar would be such a good mentor, yes. She'd be able to teach him everything he needed to know to help his new family to survive.
Back to top Go down
Rosethorn
Warrior
Rosethorn

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 10:25 am

Glancing at Jaydust as he spoke in his quiet voice the ginger wolf studied him, how were they? Well the pup had a fairly decent nose on him and was quite loud still, they could try an ambush, themselves and perhaps blackpaw stalking around to the far side of the deer and getting Angus to startle the deer towards them. About to speak her idea, Rosestar then noticed that Blackpaw still hadn't shown up, feeling the fur bristle on the back of her neck she took a long calming breath and murmured to Jaydust "If Blackpaw deigns to show himself we'll take down a deer, if not we'll go for smaller prey and he'll be stuck with moss duty for a week" however it was soon quite clear that Blackpaw hadn't come with them, nodding for Jaydust to move out and find something he could catch on his own she glanced at Angus and gestured for him to follow her, quietly. Leading him away from Jaydust so the apprentice wouldn't get in the way of the other warriors hunting Rose flicked her tail "Like we practiced in training, find the scent, keep your butt down, stalk and pounce" she explained for what felt like the thousandth time for the dog.
Back to top Go down
Blackadder
Young Warrior
Blackadder

Location : Nepal. Where I intend to live out the rest of my natural life span as a goat.

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 12:00 am

He loped up easily ignoring the pain in his paw and slowed down to a trot, then a walk when he reached where Rosestar, Angus and Jaydust were. Finding that Rosestar was focused with her apprentice the black apprentice decided he'd go hunt with Jaydust. The male was quiet and didn't irk him as much as the bright orange leader did, honestly she was such an idiot. As mousebrained if I ever saw, there is more in a Eunnichs underpants than there is in her brain half wishing he could have gone on the patrol instead he slipped into the tall grass and listened for various prey keeping his ears keen and his bright orange eyes glancing around looking for something. Noticing a fat squirrel on the ground stuffing nuts into its cheek pouches his gaze lit up, deathly quiet the apprentice who prided himself on being as quiet as possible got just within reach before the squirrel spotted him and shot up a tree. Scowling up at the creature he trotted over to the tree and reared up onto his hind legs resting his front paws on the trunk of the tree wishing he was able to climb then the stupid thing wouldn't be looking so smug with itself, dropping back down onto all paws he slipped into the undergrowth hoping to find something else.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Warrior Apprentice
Angus

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 7:31 am

Trotting as quietly as he could after his mentor, Angus listened closely, trying to contain his eagerness at least until they had something to take back home. He really didn't want to scare the prey away before the others had a chance to catch something. Casting around for a scent, he soon found what he was pretty sure was a rabbit and settled down to follow it, slowing as the scent got stronger. Remembering what she'd said, he made sure to keep him rump down this time, trying to take advantage of the cover that he could find. Freezing when the rabbit moved, he crouched as low as he could get before pouncing and widely missing. Not fast enough to chase after the rabbit, he sat with a sigh, curling his tail around his paws a little. Thinking over how he'd stalked the rabbit, he couldn't quite work out what he'd done wrong, so he threw a glance over at his mentor. “I thought I did it right,” he said softly, hoping that maybe she knew what he'd done wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jaydust
Deceased
Jaydust

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 5:53 pm

Jaydust listened to his leader's response and nodded. Rosestar then went on to mentor Angus, and the brute turned away from them trotting deeper into the woods. Going after smaller game wouldn't be a disappointment, as he was quite fond of hunting by himself. Hearing the presence of more pawsteps behind him, he glanced sideways, seeing that the dark apprentice had finally made his appearance. Jaydust said nothing and loped on. He then slowed down, taking in keenly the scents that the forest had to offer. He scented squirrel nearby, but as Blackpaw left him to head towards that direction, Jay figured he would just leave the smaller wolf to it.
Instead, the male focused on the other smells that laced the air. "Deer, Rabbit, more squirrel, pheasant." The pheasant might be something worth going after. Jaydust stopped his padding and turned his head, sensitive to the scent of the large bird. "Pheasant feathers could be used in a nest too. Or as a pretty gift.." The thought of giving a pretty pheasant feather to a certain she-wolf made his fur grow warm.
Catching wind of the bird's aura, the dark male made his way forward, carefully padding through the thick undergrowth. It was hard to be silent in such brush, but he managed as best he could. The trail grew stronger, and he slowed his paws, ears attentive to any sound. There was a soft scratching of leaves, one that could only be made by a bird. Jay listened closely, relying on his hearing and sense of smell rather then his sight. Beyond the bushes ahead he could partly see the creature, foraging around in some grass. The wolf crouched down, moving at an achingly slow speed forward. He knew that birds were more startled by sight and sound rather then scent, so he kept his pawsteps as light as he could.
Bunching his muscles, Jaydust leaped forward, crashing through the bracken as he hurtled towards the pheasant. The bird let out a cry of fear and took off, but it was to be in vain. It had barely gotten another 3 feet from where it stood before large paws crashed down on it. Powerful fangs closed on the bird's thin neck, quickly ending the life and putting it out of it's misery.
Jaydust then sat up, holding the now limp creature in his jaws. A bit of pride coursed through him, as a pheasant was quite a catch, especially for smaller game. He then turned and headed back towards the others, dragging his prize along with him.
Back to top Go down
Blackadder
Young Warrior
Blackadder

Location : Nepal. Where I intend to live out the rest of my natural life span as a goat.

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 7:18 am

Watching Jaydusts tail vanish through some bushes Blackpaw huffed to himself, Rude with that he looked around wondering what else there was to hunt around here. He lowered his nose to the ground and sniffed around figuring out what else there was to hunt, he hated squirrels so he wouldn't bother hunting one of those. A rabbit suddenly attempted to flee three feet from him, reacting quickly the black apprentice dashed after it and watching it start to get away from him put in every last effort and with a final pounce he was on it. Breaking its neck he lifted his prize proudly and began heading back to Rosestar and Angus, it'd be unlikely the dog had been able to catch anything He's so useless, like a pup than an apprentice psh He's not worth the prey he eats Dogs were rather second  class citizens to wolves who were obviously better than them in every way. The rabbit was still warm in his mouth when he returned, spotting Jaydust again he nodded in greeting before turning accusing eyes onto Rosestar who'd wasted time with the dog instead of actually hunting for the clan.
Back to top Go down
Rosethorn
Warrior
Rosethorn

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 8:52 am

Watching her apprentices attempt she could only shake her head "Your aim was off" before she could go into more detail Blackpaw and Jaydust turned up with prey. Ignoring the look that Blackpaw gave her, Rosestar stood and decided she'd go hunt something "Find another small animal and try again Angus" sending Blackpaw a sharp look as she knew the black apprentice was just the kind who'd try to scare off all the potential prey, Rosestar slipped into the bushes and vanished despite her bright fur. Listening keenly for anything worth hunting she inhaled deeply through her powerful nose searching for anything edible. Eventually her nose brought to her the scent of raccoon, that was better than nothing and their meat was actually quite tasty although it had a different taste to herbivore meat like deer or rabbit. One less raccoon also meant one less creature to try and steal prey rather than hunt for it itself. Crouching down and shifting her weight a little to balance herself she waited calmly and coolly before she dug her back feet into the dirt and propelled herself forward, tackling the raccoon it called out and bit her paw sharply before trying to take off. Catching up with it she pounced again and this time landed squarely on its back, digging her teeth into its scruff she shook it viciously before dropping it when it was dazed and going for its throat. Once its struggles ceased she straightened up and carried the dead creature back to her clan mates and looked about to see how angus had gone.
Back to top Go down

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 6:08 pm

Coalpaw padded around near the ferns and began to look for some marigold or some tansy, since her supply was rather low. As she smelled the air for herbs, she caught Rosestar's scent and attempted to follow it. Once she was close to her leader, Coalpaw crouched in a clump of ferns and watched.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Warrior Apprentice
Angus

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 6:48 am

Giving Blackpaw a wary glance, Angus trotted off, his nose glued to the ground while he tried to find something else to hunt. He didn't really mind failing a hunt, it just meant that there was more that he had to learn before he could reliably take things down. Finding the scent of another rabbit, he crouched and slunk up, making sure that he was downwind of it. Settling in the long grass, he watched it carefully, trying to fix his mistakes from last time. Aiming more carefully, he bounded out at it and landed on it this time. Killing it easily, he wagged his tail in glee and headed back to the group with his kill, adding it to the decent pile they were collecting. He was learning, and getting better, and it was enjoyable. As he waited with them, the wind changed slightly, and he sniffed at it, scenting a newcomer. He wasn't sure he knew this scent, but there was a trace of the general Thunderclan scent that he was beginning to recognise on them, so obviously they weren't a threat. Wondering who it was, he gave Rosestar a curious glance, wondering if she'd know.
Back to top Go down
Rosethorn
Warrior
Rosethorn

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 7:14 am

Waiting for Angus patiently, she was pleased when he stalked the rabbit successfully and when he leapt he managed to aim himself better. Watching him return she nodded "You're learning, good" he at least seemed to be fairly bright underneath the layer of puppy brain. He'd scrub up well and become a good warrior, yawning she was about to pick up the prey she'd set down to speak to Angus when the wind changed and brought the scent of another wolf to her. Picking up on the herby tang she blinked in slight surprise "Coalpaw? What are you doing out here?" She didn't think that Nettlecloud would have sent his apprentice out to gather herbs on her own, picking up her fresh kill she padded over to the medicine wolf apprentice wondering what it was she wanted. Had nettlecloud sent her? She nodded at Jaydust indicating he could return to camp if he wanted, she was curious as to what the black apprentice wanted. After a thought she glanced at Angus, he was free to leave if he wished as well, perhaps Coalpaw wanted to talk to her privately but if htat was so she hadn't exactly picked the right time. Tilting her head to the side while watching Coalpaw her features gentled slightly showing the gentler side of the leader, although she was hot tempered and bold however Rosestar had a quieter gentler side reserved for when apprentices needed a softer touch.
Back to top Go down

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Coalpaw stood and approached her leader, flattening her ears respectfully as she did so. "He... Doesn't know that I'm out here. I just needed to speak to you about..." The young apprentice hesitated. "I want to ne a warrior." Anxiously the black and gray apprentice watched her leader and waited for the answer.
Back to top Go down
Rosethorn
Warrior
Rosethorn

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 9:10 am

Watching the medicine wolf apprentice through her pale blue-green the flame hued female was surprised and shocked at the words that tumbled out of the apprentices mouth. What? why? She seemed to be doing well under Nettlecloud deciding it was better to get to the bottom of this she twitched her ear tips and sighed softly "This is rather sudden Coalpaw, why the sudden change of heart?" It was so out of the blue it had taken her quite by surprise she'd speak to Nettlecloud about it when she returned to camp and then if he was alright with it she'd find a mentor for the female. However this was highly unusual and she was almost a little wary at the sudden change of heart. Suspecting it might be easier for the apprentice to talk if it was just the pair of them she spoke over her shoulder to angus "Go back to camp Angus, then see if you can find Mustangspirit laying about" with that she returned her attention to Coalpaw studying her waiting for her reply to her questions. She would press for details as she wanted to be sure this was what she wanted and she wasn't being pressured by anyone. Even while they stood there she could smell the various scents of the forest as the wind carried them to her nose, the blood of their kill, the smell of the pond not far away from where they were as well as information about the movements of the wolves of her clan. She'd never asked for leadership never having thought she'd suit it, finding herself suddenly in charge had been difficult, so she'd contented herself with doing the best she could and striving to always do better.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Warrior Apprentice
Angus

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 10:00 am

Watching the newcomer curiously, Angus wagged his tail in greeting, staying quiet as the two wolves spoke. It was strange to him that she wanted to stop being a medicine wolf apprentice, but he wasn't going to offer his opinion. He was still a relative newcomer to the clan, and he wanted to get a better footing before potentially offending anyone. Flicking his gaze to his mentor when she spoke to him, he nodded and picked up the rabbit he'd caught before trotting off back to the camp. He was insanely curious about why the other apprentice wanted to change paths, but he supposed he'd find that out eventually. Right now, he needed to get the rabbit back to camp and find Mustangspirit for some reason.

Thunderclan Camp
Back to top Go down
Jaydust
Deceased
Jaydust

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 10:59 pm

The dark brute had trotted back to Rosestar and Angus, carrying the pheasant in his jaws. Blackpaw reappeared again, this time holding a rabbit. "Well done," he told the apprentice simply, realizing that Blackpaw would've had to be very fast to make such a catch. The two wolves then met up with the rest of the hunting patrol. Jaydust wasn't very surprised when Angus hadn't been able to catch anything, but he said nothing about it. The dog was still a new apprentice, and had little experience in clan ways, so it made sense that he wouldn't be a good hunter at first.
Jaydust then turned his head as he caught the scent of another wolf. "Coalpaw?" He wondered, watching as the dark she-wolf made an appearance. "What's she doing here?" Rosestar voiced his own questions, and Jay was very surprised as the she-wolf expressed her own concerns, saying that she didn't want to train to be a Medicine Wolf anymore. The male felt rather awkward and out of place, and he listened as Rosestar dismissed Angus, the more absent-minded dog probably not realizing the gravity of the situation. "This isn't for me and Blackpaw to hear either," he decided, glancing sideways to the apprentice. Setting the pheasant briefly, he turned to the smaller male. "C'mon, lets head back to camp too." He woofed more quietly to him, picking up his catch and beginning to head back in the direction of home.
~Thunderclan Camp~
Back to top Go down
Blackadder
Young Warrior
Blackadder

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Nodding in response to Jaydusts praise, Blackpaw observed Coalpaw interestedly, imediately curious when the medicine wolf apprentice mentioned wanting to be a warrior he was pleased that their thorny leader asked some of his questions. He would have melded into the shadows and hung about to listen more except Jaydust practically gave him an order he had to obey. Sneering slightly at the warriors back as he turned and walked off, Blackpaw studied Coalpaw curiously for a while longer before he too turned on his paws and padded off deciding he'd just get the information out of her later. Coalpaw was close friends with Maplepaw after all so perhaps she could wheedle it out of her. He still missed his best friend so much he ached on the inside although he never showed anyone his pain, it seemed he was doomed to be better off by himself. Inhaling softly he exhaled just as quietly, Lightpaw was his baldrick and now he was gone, shaking his head to rid himself of the thoughts he trotted after Jaydust dragging his catch with him wondering if Maplepaw was back in camp yet.
~Thunderclan Camp~
Back to top Go down

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 3:03 am

Coalpaw pondered her leader's question and finally said, "I think I just want... No, need a change of pace. Medicine to me will always be somethimg i have an interest in, but I don't want to do it for the rest of my life." Hoping her leader would understand, the black and gray fae flicked her ear nervously.
Back to top Go down
Rosethorn
Warrior
Rosethorn

RP Stats
HP:

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 10:36 am

Listening to the apprentices words she still found it quite sudden however she supposed if she really wished to be a warrior then she would have to sort something out for her. Finally after thinking about it she nodded her head "Very well, once we have returned to camp and the patrol has returned I will announce your choice and assign you a warrior mentor" Rosestar informed the female now that they'd settled on that she turned and headed towards camp wondering what Nettlecloud was going to say about all of this
~Thunderclan Camp~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Maple Forest Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Maple Forest   The Maple Forest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Maple Forest
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next